Friday, July 8, 2011

One or the other

The last several months I've been going back and forth in my head.

You see.....Mr. Gill and I are considering purchasing a house.

****I KNOW*****

in Idaho.

****I KNOW*****

Here's the thing though.

It's mostly Mr. Gill who wants to buy a house.
He says things like, its a great time to buy, we won't have to share walls w/smoky smelly neighbors, we can play (meaning really HE can play) music as loud as we want without disturbing "quiet hours"....not to mention we can do whatever we want to the place we buy.

And those are all really good reasons to buy a house.

But I want to go to Italy.
Right.
Now.

Or at least, next year.

And I feel like we can't do both of those things.
Either we buy a house.

images















Or we visit the Tuscan countryside.
Laura L's photo!!






















We get ready for those babies that are chasing me into my 30's and get a home for them to grow up in....(eek!)
http://www.landmcustomhomes.com/images/HOME_drawing.jpg















Or we have our 'last hurrah', an epic Italian adventure down those cobblestone streets before those babies catch me.
Laura L's photo!























I just want to make sure I get to Italy before I have kids because who knows if we'll ever make it after that.  I feel like I have to choose one or the other because the two are not compatible....right?
Unless of course you'd like to help us raise extra $ for our trip/house!
If I have to choose though.....
I want to see Italy more than I want babies.
Right now anyway.
Ask me again tomorrow and see if I've changed my mind!
What would you do?

10 comments:

  1. if it matters at all... i know people that are well into their 60's right now taking their grandkids through the streets of Paris and on cruises throughout the Medditeranian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to go one last trip jenny then in a year or two buy that house have kids because once you have children you willn't have time for trips over seas it would be small trips back home in indiana. the market for a home will be there in two years, its hard to buy that dream home at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it were me, I'd go to Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote Italy. Kids can wait.=D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about the $. The italy trip might delay a home purchase, but as far kids go... we took a 2 & 4 year old to Germany for 10 days last fall and had a great time. (Of course we had to plan some nap breaks, but those were for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go back to Venice in a heartbeat, but my biological clock is ticking as well so I totally understand the conundrum you're in. In the end I think Italy would win out for me. What does Mr. Gill think about this Tuscany trip?

    P.S. You can't go to Italy tomorrow, cuz then I'd miss you on my trip out to see you!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the input guys.
    Anonymous (es) give us some hints to who you are!!!
    ;)
    *Jenny G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie Lentes aka:MomJuly 10, 2011 at 3:43 PM

    If you're taking votes I am voting for Italy for two reasons. 1) Because you really really would like to visit Italy! and 2) Because if you are buying a house in Idaho, that would mean you are staying there... :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny Gill!! This is an important message: GO TO FLIPPIN' ITALY!! That is all.

    love,
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mike and I vote Italy! It is a trip worth going to. We went to Italy and it turned out to be our last big trip cause two months later we found out I was pregnant with Max. The closest thing to Italy we have been to since....... is Olive Garden :) Your passport definately needs a new stamp. Before having kids be sure and ask yourself, How much do I like Chuck E. Cheese? Miss you. Love from Avon,
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete