Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Work-cation

Hello Friends!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. My parents were in town, which was awesome, and our church joined with 4 other area churches to have a big party on easter morning...and that was just incredible, watching all these people work together to put on a huge celebration.

Now Mr. Gill and I are spending this week visiting Portland with our friend Lindsay! she and her mom have been super gracious hosts to us.
She grew up in the area and has been planning lots of fun things for us to do and see.
We've only been here two days and we've already spent 6 (!) hours at Ikea, seen Blue Like Jazz the movie IN Portland, and has drinks at a sassy little wine bar!

Mr. Gill is taking some fancy engineering class......something about modeling.....and probably computers? I don't know you'll have to ask him, but he LOVES it. He actually sent me a text yesterday telling me how awesome his class was while he was in the first session.
And so our trip, at least for Mr. Gill is not a vacation purely.....it's more of a work-cation. Not really fully working, but definitely not just a vacation either.
For me though, I'm trying to take in as much of the Portland experience as I can. Do you have any suggestions on things we should do/see?

So I'm going to sign off this post in the spirit of Lindsay Horst.

Two things
1. I got a new camera and once we're back from oregon I'll post some fun photos.
2. I miss Bosley!




*Jenny G

1 comment:

  1. Bosley misses you too! I'm jealous................IKEA!!!!

    ReplyDelete