Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Betsy's Granola Bars

Hey Guys!
Today I'm going to post my first tutorial.

**I Know so exciting!!**

My friend Betsy gave me this recipe a couple of days ago and I'm trying to convince her that she should totally start a blog because she's SUPER informative about food and....don't tell anyone but blogging is pretty easy.
So if you like this, make sure you comment below so Betsy can see how great her recipe is so she'll start her own blog!!

Ok-here we go.

Homemade Granola Bars
























So pretty right? And super easy.

Preheat your oven to 325*.
You start with 2 cups of oats. Measure them out and throw 'em in a big bowl because we're going to mix everything together in one spot.




















Add 3/4 C of Flour to the bowl.




















And 1/4 C wheat germ and and handful of ground Flaxseed. The flaxseed is totally optional though, but-hey we're trying to be healthy-ish here, why not?




















Then add 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder (I didn't have any soda....so I used 1 tsp of powder and I think it was fine). Isn't the measuring spoon pretty? My little sister got me those for my birthday!




















1 tsp cinnamon




















1 tsp salt
















1 tsp vanilla




















1/2 C Honey, which will come out of the measuring cup better if you spray it w/nonstick spray first...trust me.




















1/2 C Chocolate Chips




















1/2 C Peanut butter (which I didn't have. I looked everywhere-so I added more honey and a splash of maple syrup instead).

1/3 C Dried Fruit. I used tart cherries and golden raisins.




















Handful of nuts. I used chopped almonds. (I let Mr. Gill pick the nuts out since I'm mostly making these for him to take to work on the days I don't have a lunch packed for him......which is almost everyday.)




















Mix it all up and smoosh it into a 9x13 pan. I lined it w/parchment paper to get it out easier.




















Bake @ 325* for about 20 minutes. Let it cool completely and then lift it out of the pan by the parchment paper and cut into desired size bars!




















Doesn't it look wonderful? And *somewhat* healthy? No transfat included folks!




















You could totally customize this w/whatever mix-ins you wanted. Shredded coconut and dried mango? Mmmm :)

Here's the recipe


2c oats
3/4 c flour
1/4 bc wheat germ
some ground flaxseed (optional)
1/2 tsp b. soda
1/2 tsp b. powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2-3/4 c honey
1/3 c choc chips
1/2 c peanut butter
1/3 c raisins (i use golden)
nuts (optional)

Smoosh into 9x13 pan and bake @ 325* for 20 minutes. Let cool and cut into bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment