Friday, March 25, 2011

Confessions


I am a terrible housewife.

Really.
I am.

Just ask Mr. Gill.

Actually don't ask him, because he loves me he'll say that I do well and I try to keep things in order.

But that's not really true.
If you've lived with me than I don't have to really explain....but, I am pretty sure most of you that read this don't currently or have ever lived with me so I feel like I need to prove it.

I took photos of our place one day after I cleaned the whole downstairs (which is rare, let me tell you) so I could show people what our place looks like in general.

When you first walk in you see this! Clean Kitchen.

Kitchen

Clean Entertainment Area

Cleanish Living Room

Living Room
And now the proof.
Real Life


This is just a small example of normal-ness of messy that is our house...and is my lack of house-wifeyness. I WANT our daily lives to look like the super cute pictures you saw earlier. But, I am pretty much super distracted ALL THE TIME and really struggle with putting things where they go, and cleaning up after myself. Nor do I have dinner on the table waiting and open the door w/a cold beverage and a cute 40's dress and high heels and wearing immaculate make up when Mr. Gill gets home. 
Mr. Gill doesn't seem to mind though, which is nice, it works out that his expectation of house-wifeyness is pretty low. He likes clean (relatively) clothes to wear and um....for me to love him so-I've got that down. 

Also more confessions-I hate popping blisters and zits. And I have both of them right now, one of my foot and one on my face. I'll let you guess where the zit vs. blister is. (Blister on the face? YUCK)

And I HATE running. But I like how I feel afterwards-so I have this internal battle always before I go on a run....and lots of times the hate of running wins. 

One last confession. There is a puppy that comes to visit us at The District every so often and I LOVE HIM! He's so soft and cuddly and I want to steal him and make him mine. But, only if I can keep him as a puppy always. One of the guys I work with has an idea called perm-a-puppy....permanent puppydom (!) not to be confused with a permed puppy. When they have that process finished I'll perm-a-puppy that dog and he will be mine FOREVER!

Confession Friday...there you go world.

Jenny G

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the whole housewife thing. There's just so many other *fun* things to do besides clean and pick up messes, right?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the puppy thing. I only like dogs if they stay puppies forever. Let me know when they're available and i might actually get one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love you. AND I have lived with you. And, you really were not messy. AND, I was just telling a friend last night how I am not built for being a house wife, and thank goodness Leon doesnt expect a hot meal every night or a stocked fridge or a vacuum in one hand and a laundry basket in another. hehe. I miss you! You're a great wife, in the house and out of it. <3 Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I see real life includes my wedding invitation! See -- that's not so bad! Plus, you should see the shambles both my current apartment and our future apartment are in between moving a little at a time, collecting things for the wedding and not really having time between those two things to stop and clean. ;)

    ReplyDelete